Resurrection Mausoleum & Cemetery
7519 North Allen Road
Peoria, Illinois 61615
In 1951 the Catholic Cemetery Association of Peoria purchased two farms totaling 130 acres on the far north end of the city with plans to start the third Catholic Cemetery in Peoria. A portion of the acreage was developed into Resurrection Cemetery, which began serving the community in 1963 with the first burial in November of that year.
Resurrection Cemetery is divided into four areas. Stations of the Cross, Scripture Shrines, Prayer Shrines and Traditional Burial. Stations of the Cross are devoted to Stations XI, XII, and XIII at this time. Scripture Shrines have different Scripture readings and Prayer Shrines are devoted to verses of The Our Father, Hail Mary, and The Glory Be. They allow for double depth burials. Traditional Burials are in center of the cemetery. We allow Bronze and Granite markers depending on the location.
The last area to be developed is the Blue Spruce Section located along the east edge of the cemetery. This section contains Ten Blue Spruce trees. It is designed with four grave lots and one Five foot Monument and four matching flush markers on three sides of each tree.
Resurrection Mausoleum was dedicated by:Bishop Edward O'Rourke D.D. in 1971. In November of 2008 Bishop Daniel R. Jenky C.S.C. dedicated the Sixth phase of the mausoleum. Resurrection Mausoleum current capacity is over 5000 entombments.
With the Catholic Cemetery Association's commitment to the Peoria Community Resurrection Mausoleum is slated for 3 more phase additions in the coming years.